$100.00 was paid as part deposit and holding security on Monday 03/30/2020
17. On execution of this Lease, the Tenant will pay the Landlord a security deposit of $500.00 (the 'Security Deposit').
18. The Landlord will hold the Security Deposit at a non-interest-bearing account, at First Interstate Bank.
19. The Landlord will return the Security Deposit at the end of this tenancy, less such deductions as provided in this Lease, but no deduction will be made for damage due to reasonable wear and tear nor for any deduction prohibited by the Act.
20. During the term of this Lease or after its termination, the Landlord may charge the Tenant or make deductions from the Security Deposit for any or all of the following:
a. repair of walls due to plugs, large nails or any unreasonable number of holes in the walls including the repainting of such damaged walls;
b. repainting required to repair the results of any other improper use or excessive damage by the Tenant;
c. unplugging toilets, sinks and drains;
d. replacing damaged or missing doors, windows, screens, mirrors or light fixtures;
e. repairing cuts, burns, or water damage to linoleum, laminate, rugs, and other areas:
f. any other repairs, cleaning or end-cleaning due to any damage beyond normal wear and tear caused or permitted by the Tenant or by any person whom the Tenant is responsible for;
g. the cost of extermination where the Tenant or the Tenant's guests have brought or allowed insects into the Property or building;
h. repairs and replacement required where windows are left open which have caused plumbing to freeze, or rain or water damage to floors or walls;
j. replacement of locks and/or lost keys to the Property and any administrative fees associated with the replacement as a result of the Tenant's misplacement of the keys;
k. repair and/or care of antique furniture.
l. any other purpose allowed under this Lease or the Act.
21. For the purpose of this clause, the Landlord may charge the Tenant for professional cleaning and repairs if the Tenant has not made alternate arrangements with the Landlord. (At check-out leave the property in broom clean condition, free and clear of any garbage, and all appliances wiped clean).
22. The Tenant may not use the Security Deposit as payment for the Rent.
Within the time period required by the Act and after the termination of this tenancy, the Landlord will deliver or mail the Security Deposit less any proper deductions or with further demand for payment to: ______________________, ______________, _______________, MT , or at such other place as the Tenant may advise.